New Year’s Eve is a terrible holiday. Why? Let us count the ways:
- Everyone is expected to party his/her butt off — no exceptions. Yeah, sure, whooping it up is fine, but being pressured into partying takes all the fun out of it. Remember how much fun everyone told you the prom was going to be? Remember how much fun it wasn’t? New Year’s Eve is like a replay of that lackluster night every 12 months.
- New Year’s Eve celebrations often take place outdoors where it’s cold and/or rainy and/or snowy. As if being hounded into having fun weren’t annoying enough, you’re expected to enjoy being abused by Mother Nature.
- New Year’s Eve brings out the amateurs. Young and old, they come from hither and yon, suburb and exurb, to the river’s edge or the middle of the gay ghetto to throw down and frequently throw up. Ugh, warm fire, party of one, please.
- Champagne hangovers are the worst.
Honestly, the only part of the year-end celebrations that I look forward to are my husband’s New Year’s Day cooking and the opportunity to review Gaywheels’ most popular posts from the last 12 months. Though I can’t share John’s cabbage casserole through your browser, I can definitely give you a look at our most-viewed posts from 2015.
As usual, our news items proved very popular with you guys. By far, the page most often viewed by visitors was our list of gay-friendly automakers (which we’re getting ready to update, FWIW). However, plenty of other news items caught your eyes, too, including our perennial favorite on driving naked which, for those not on Xhamster, is an actual thing. We emplore you to look it up now because it’s honestly more hilarious than it is sexy. Even if you’re at work, you can just click here to unblock Xhamster using a VPN. Trust us when we say it was our favorite thing to write about this year! Our five most popular news stories of the year were:
- Gay-Friendly Automakers
- Ten Hard and Fast Rules for Picking the Color Combination for your next New Car
- Like To Drive Naked? Tips For Taking Road Trips In The Raw
- That’s So Very Gay: 2014 Fiat 500L Is The Gayest Car of the Year
- Provincetown Bear Week Travel Guide: What To Eat, Who To See, Where To Dance
But of course, this is an auto site at heart, and that means reviews. Reviews of brand new models were popular, but on the whole, not as popular as those from a couple of years back. Sounds to us like we’ve got some smart shoppers out there, researching “new used” rides. Our top ten reviews of the year were:
- First Drive Comparison: 2013 VW Golf TDI Vs. 2015 VW Golf TDI
- 2011 Volvo XC60
- We Let The Dog Decide: 2014 Lexus GS350 Or 2014 Audi A6 3.0T?
- 2011 Toyota Sienna
- We Let The Dog Decide: 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L Vs. 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
- 2014 Toyota Highlander Will Make Your Heart Skip A Beat
- We Let The Dog Decide: 2015 Kia Sorento Vs. 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander
- 2011 VW Golf GTI vs. 2011 VW Golf TDI
- We Let The Dog Decide: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Vs. 2015 Fiat 500
- 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STI
(A heads-up on some of those older reviews: when we switched servers earlier this year, quite a few of our photos got lost in the move. Sorry. Blame GoDaddy.)
As always, thanks for reading. Bundle up tonight, pace yourself, and we’ll see you next week.