Tomorrow is January 1, a day for looking ahead and pondering the promise of a new year.
December 31, however, is reserved for retrospection, and like many other websites, we’re taking a moment to reflect on your favorite articles from 2014.
We published more than our usual number of car reviews this year, so it shouldn’t surprise anyone that reviews were among our most popular posts. Readers seemed particularly drawn to Volkswagen and Toyota reviews, though GM was no slouch. The top 10 reviews of the year were:
1. First Drive Comparison: 2013 VW Golf TDI Vs. 2015 VW Golf TDI
2. 2014 Toyota Highlander Will Make Your Heart Skip A Beat
3. We Let The Dog Decide: 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Vs. 2014 Mazda3i Grand Touring
4. Revisiting The 2014 Lexus IS F-Sport: A Car for The Fast, Fastidious, And Fabulous
6. We Let The Dog Decide: 2014 Lexus GS350 Or 2014 Audi A6 3.0T?
7. 2011 VW Golf GTI vs. 2011 VW Golf TDI
8. The 2014 Dodge Avenger Is Not Throwing Shade At Its Twin
9. 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum
10. 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Eco Woos Drivers With Brains And Brawn
There were also a few strong performers in the “news and features” category. As always, our list of Gay Friendly Automakers was the most-frequently visited page of the entire site. Beyond that, Sam’s tips on “Taking Road Trips in the Raw” made many of you sit up and take notice, as did our coverage of Toyota’s change of headquarters from California to Texas (and all the headaches the move could mean for the automaker’s LGBT employees).
If you missed any of those articles, take a moment to follow the links above and relive the glory of 2014. In just a few hours, you’ll be able to wish the entire year good riddance.
Here’s hoping that all of you have a safe and prosperous 2015. We’ll see you in a couple of days.